Livia's Birth story

It was Monday, November 14th and I had been itching since October 28th…I was pretty miserable! The doctor said that it was totally normal and that it was not harmful to Livia or me. My mom and coworkers had been pretty much telling me everyday to go to the doctor again just to let them draw blood..so I called in and they said to come in after school on Tuesday, November 15th…Cody met me there and they let us go right back to see Dr. Taylor. He did a pelvic exam and much to our surprise I was 1-1 ½ cm dilated and 50-60% effaced. He said it was much better to more effaced than dilated! We were so excited! I told Cody that I was going to pack everything up and finish a couple last minute things…putting her crib sheet on her new mattress, packing her bag, packing our bag,…etc. So when we got home I started getting ready for our baby…I was doubtful about nesting, but it is definitely true. I didn’t really feel right that night, but I thought it was probably from the exam Dr. Taylor had done earlier that day. It was about and I woke Cody up for us to go get in bed…if you know me well.. is pushing it for me! Once we got in bed I couldn't go to sleep because I started having pains in my stomach. I thought they were just Braxton Hicks contractions…I have had those for a while now. So at I decided to start counting these pains/contractions…they were every 10 minutes apart! I woke Cody up and told him that I was hurting and that my contractions were 10 minutes apart. He raised up quickly and went straight to the folder that he had taken notes in at our parenting class…He read to me that when the contractions are 5 minutes apart for 1 hour we need to go to the hospital. So the counting continued…I had forgot to print my maternity folder for my iterim, Amy, so I was sitting in bed working on emailing all that to her all the while contracting! At my contractions were 5 minutes apart and I lost my mucus plug. I immediately called my mom and she said, "Ok this is it! I am getting in the shower and will be there as soon as I can!" We called Cody’s parents and they wanted to play it safe…only because when they had Cody they went to the hospital 3 different times thinking she was about to have him! So I got in the shower and Cody packed up the car and we left our house around . It was raining so hard so we had to drive very carefully! We finally arrived at the hospital at ..they admitted me at . The nurse checked me and I was at 2 cm...she said that she was going to come back in an hour to see how much progress I had made and that they would make the decision on whether or not to let me stay. When she came back I was at 4cm...I got to stay! Dr. Taylor wasn’t on call, I had tried to prepare myself for this, so another doctor from the same group was going to have to deliver Livia. He came in and said that they were going to break my water and I told him not before he gave me an epidural…it’s funny how outspoken I became due to labor pains! So the nurse came in to give me my epidural and I was still at 4 cm. I am terrified of shots so I was a little worried that I would feel the needle, but I didn't feel one thing! My IV in my hand hurt 100 times worse than the epidural. I started feeling the medicine within 30 minutes. Wow..that is the best medicine ever...I started getting the shakes, which is a side effect…but I didn’t care as long as I couldn’t feel the contractions! Right after I started feeling the epidural, my water broke on its on. Then, all of a sudden I saw Dr. Taylor walk in the room and I started crying and couldn’t even talk…that’s hormones for you…he told the nurse I was just happy to see him…and truly I was! So he saved the day! He was going to deliver our baby! I thought I was only allowed to have two people in the room with me while I was delivering, so I wanted Cody and my mom to be with me …then we heard a knock on the door and it was my daddy…the nurse outside of the room came over to my nurse and asked if my dad could come back and she said we are pushing and looked at me and said right...and I said, "No I would love to have my dad in the room with us!" So he got to come back too! He stayed in the corner and just cried because he thought I was in so much pain! After it was all over I reassured him that I couldn’t feel a thing! Cody and my mom were awesome coaches through the delivery! My whole life I have used a cold wash cloth whenever I have been sick and it always makes me feel better...so why would this time be any different! Before I started pushing I asked if I could have a cold wash cloth. I kept the wash cloth under my chin to help me push harder! I was in labor for 14 hours and pushed for only 15 minutes! I thought pushing for 15 minutes was eternity until I talked with many of my family members and friends who had to push for hours!

On November 16, 2011 at our sweet baby girl made her grand appearance into the world! She is a healthy 6lb 1oz and 19 inches long! She is absolutely perfect! She has blue eyes and little bit of brown hair…more in the back than the front. She favors Cody a lot, but she has my ears and feet! She is so calm and looks so peaceful! She has olive colored skin…she looks very tan! It must have been all the laying out that I did when she was in my tummy…haha…She is absolutely beautiful and we are so proud of her!!

The people that were waiting on you at the hospital to arrive were: Emmi, Papa, Aunt Lindsey, Gran, Poppie, Aunt Kim, Nana, Mr. Ronnie, Grandaddy, Grandmomma, and Samantha.

Your visitors while we were in the hospital were: Jan and Howard Johnson, Dave McGraw, Carol, Dalton, and Camryn Harrison, Kizzy and Katelyn Barbee, Michael and Lily Dean, Ali and Ainsley Mills, Monica, Kaity, and Griffin Gallimore, Ziggy and Haley Goodman, Qua and Caleb Garret, Steven Williams, and Diana Raney. Diana brought you a soft pink and brown tummy time blanket!

We stayed in the hospital for 2 days and got to go home Friday, November 18th.

Livia you have made our lives complete…you have made your daddy and me the happiest two people in the world! We look forward to cherishing every second with you! You are our dream come true! We love you more than you will ever know!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lera's Gift

G-daddy's Celebration of Life - Nashville

Slumber Party in Liv's Room